I design and develop e-learning for clients, and there’s nothing more important to me than keeping them happy. That’s why I make sure to give each e-learning project the personal care and attention it deserves.
Am I the right vendor for your project?
Things to consider:
- What’s your timeline? Planning ahead is great if you can do it. On the other hand, a Fortune 500 client of mine first got in touch on the same day another project got delayed and I was able to fit them in quickly – so sometimes it’s kismet!
- Am I the right fit? You can see loads of my work right here to help you decide. On my end, if we talk and I don’t think it’s a perfect fit I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.
- Does the budget work? I charge by the hour, but if you have a budgeted amount I can tell you what can be accomplished in its hourly equivalent.
Here’s how I work. I’ve included both your role and mine to keep it simple:
Set goals: Decisions you make.
- What company goal will this training meet?
- Who is the audience?
- What behaviors will it change, and how?
- How will you deliver it?
- What resources will you devote to it?
- What’s your timeline?
Set content: Decisions you make and actions you take.
- Will you use existing content?
- Do you need new content? How will you get it?
- If you’re gathering it from SMEs, do you need my help?
- You approve all content & get it to me before Step 3.
Design it: Actions I take and decisions I make.
- With all project requirements and content before me, I use instructional design methods (and a little bit of magic) to devise the most effective training possible.
Storyboard it: Actions I take and decisions you make.
- I map a representative sample of the training in storyboard format and/or create a small prototype to demonstrate the visual design and functionality.
- You review. We work together until it’s approved.
Build it: Actions I take and decisions you make.
- I build the course in Articulate Storyline.
- I build other pieces and parts as needed. (Job aids, QR guides, etc.)
- You review. We work together until final approval.
Deliver it: Actions I take and actions you take.
- I provide you with the final course files.
- You load it onto your LMS. (Or deliver it via the intended method for the project.)
Evaluate it: Decisions you make.
- Is it helping meet your intended company goal?
- Is it changing targeted behaviors?
- What’s most successful about it?
- How could it be improved?
I hope this has been helpful! Whether planning a new project or just looking around, feel free to drop me a line with questions or thoughts.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]